- Cream tog:1/2 c.butter or margarine,1 c.sugar.
- Add 1 egg, 1 tsp.vanilla...Blend...Add 1-1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas, (about 3 med.)
- Add:1-1/2 c.flour, 1 tsp.EACH baking powder & soda, 1/4 tsp.salt.
- Mix till well blended...Divide batter in 1/2. Add 1/4 c. cocoa-powder to one-half...Spread either half into 13x9 sprayed pan.
- Put 2nd batch on top & swirl or just spread on top of 1st layer.
- Bake 350, 25 min.Frost?
- Melt in microwave:..2 c.(12 oz.) choc.chips, 1 TBL. shortening...Stir well during melting...Remove from oven.
- Stir in 1/2 c. raisins, 1/2 c.chopped/slivered nuts.
- Drop by tbl's onto waxed paper...Chill.
- Combine:..1 c.flour, 1 c.sugar, 1/2 c. butter/margarine softened, 1/3 c.cocoa, 1/2 c.milk, 1/4 c.sour cream, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp.baking powder, 1/4 tea.salt
- Beat on med.speed til smooth (2/3 min.)..Pour into 9x13 sprayed pan.
- Bake 350 for 20/25 min.or till toothpick comes out clean....Meanwhile, make glaze thus:
Beat tog: 1/2 c.powdered sugar; 1/4 c.softened butter; 2 Tbl.cocoa; 3 Tbl.milk; 1/2 tea.vanilla..(This will look-grainy till spread on the bars);
- Beat about 2 min.; Stir in 1/2 c.chopped nuts; Spread over hot bars; Cover & freeze immediately.
When ready to serve; cut into bars; No need to thaw before serving.
- Try these,i'm sure you'll like 'em.
- 1.) Chop 1 c. kraut very fine in a processor or w/knife...Then rinse and squeeze out excess water & juice...Set aside.
- Cream tog:; 2/3 c. softened butter/margarine; 1 1/2 c.sugar
- Add 3 eggs; 1 at a time.
Add 1 tsp.vanilla; 2 1/2 c. flour; 1 tsp. EACH baking powder & baking soda; 1/4 tsp. salt; 1/2 c.cocoa; 1 c.water
- Add kraut...Pour into sprayed pan or pans.
- Bake 350; 30/35 min...Cool; frost w/cream ch. frosting or whipped cream...Yummy!!
- This recipe was developed in the 1960's by a school food service nutritionalist to enable her to use kraut in the school lunch program.
Cherry crumb cake
- TOPPING:...Combine:; 1/4 C.packed brown sugar;2 TbL. Flour; 1/4 tsp. EACH salt-cinnamon
- Cut in:...2 TBL. Unsalted butter, till crumbly. Add; 1/4 C.EACH finely chopped nuts & old fashioned oats'
- MAKE Cake:..combine: 1 1/2 C.flour; 1/2 C.sugar; 1/2 tsp. baking powder; 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Mix in; 1/4 C.Unsalted butter til crumbly.
- Beat 1 egg, with, 3/4 C.buttermilk; 1 tsp. Vanilla & almond extract.
- Add to dry mixture...Mix just till smooth. Pour into sprayed rectangular pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 C. cherries (in jar or dried); 1/4 C.chopped peeled, apple pieces...Cover w/the topping.
- Bake in preheated 350f oven for about 50 min.
Cake will rise and turn golden brown...Cool 25 min.
Make your own "easy"chocolate pudding
- Combine:..1 pkg.(6 oz.)choc.chips; 1 TBL. sugar; 1 tsp. vanilla in blender or processor...Add 1 c.canned milk (scalded)..Blend well...Chill several hours.
Chop suey cookies
- Melt in microwave:..10 oz.chips; 1 1/2 c.peanut butter...Stir well; Add 10 oz.pkg.chow mein noodles (2 cans)
- Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper...Cool
- Blend:; 1/3 c.milk with 1 TBL.cornstarch...Add 8 oz.can crushed pineapple; juice and all...Cook..stirring constantly till thick; clear.
- Blend in 8oz.cream cheese (room temp); 1/2 c.sugar; 1 tsp.vanilla; 1 tsp.salt...Add 2 eggs; 1 at a time; Stir well after each egg...Blend in; 1/2 c.milk; 1/2 tsp.vanilla.
- Spread the pineapple mixture onto graham or regular unbaked crust...Pour the cheese mixture over the fruit layer; Sprinkle with 1/3 c. chopped nuts (optional).
- Bake 400; 10 min...Lower temp.to 325; bake 50 min.more...Cool completely before serving.Yummmmmy!
- Cream tog:..2 sticks unsalted butter(room temp),1/3 c. powdered sugar, 2 tsp.vanilla...Add 1/4 tsp.salt; 2c.flour...Blend well.
- Add 3/4 c.chopped pecans..Use tsp.to measure dough
- Shape into small logs...Roll in xtra fine sugar.
- Bake 325,25 min.or till golden brown.
- Beat 3 egg-whites till foamy.Add 1 tsp.cider vinegar OR cream-of-tartar,1/2 tsp.salt.Beat and add slowly; 1 c.sugar till firm but not hard peaks form.
- Fold in; 1 c.each of mini-chips, and chopped nuts.Drop or use cooky scoop onto ungreased sheet.Bake 375 25 min.or till golden.
- Blend tog "w/spoon":2 c.flour,1 tsp.salt,1 tsp.baking soda; 1/2 tsp.cinnamon.Add 2 eggs,1 c.apple filling.[SEE NOTE
- NOTE:if apples are already sweetened,add 1 2/3 c.sugar
- If not,then add 2 c. sugar.Mix "w/spoon".Add 1 tsp. vanilla,1/2 c.oil.Pour into greased 13x9 pan.Bake 350*
30/35 min. or use toothpick to test.May add chopped
nuts if desired.....
Melt 1 stick butter.Put into mixer bowl.
Add:1 lb.cottage cheese(small curd).Mix well,(takes a while)
till no more lumps are there.
Add: 1/2 c.bisquick,3 Tbl.sugar,3 eggs(1 at a time).
Mix well after each egg.
Pour into sprayed loaf pan,or muffin top pan.
Bake at 350 for 40/45 min.or till toothpick comes out clean.
Let set for 10 min.or so....cut into slices.Serve with one or more of the following
jelly,sour cream,berries,or whatever you like........
Cream puffs w/ricotta filling
Bring 1 c.water to a boil.
Add:8 Tbl.oil,1/2 tsp.salt.
Stir.Add 1 c. flour,stir till a ball forms
& comes away from the pan.
Remove from heat.Beat in 4 eggs(1 at a time) till all all incorporated.
Drop by Tbs.onto sprayed bake sheet.
Bake 450,10 min
Then reduce temp.to 350 till golden.
Cut off top to release steam.Remove insides(if needed).
Pass 1 lb.ricotta cheese thru a sieve (fine grid).
Beat in 1/2 c.powdered sugar,1 tsp.vanilla,1 Tbl.Amaretto (optional).
Fold in 12 c.mini-chips (if desired).Fill pastry w/ filling.Dust tops w/ p.sugar.
- Pineapple Pistachio Goodie
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 small package Pistachio instant pudding mix
- 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, stir together the pineapple (undrained) and the pudding mix. Fold in the whipped topping.
Spoon into individual dessert dishes and chill until firm.
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 1/2 C.pecan meal (grind 2 c.pecans to a meal in processor)
- 3/ 4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp.almond extract
- 2 tsp.vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs.Butter softened
- 1 Tbs. Water
- 1/2 C. caramel pieces
- 2 eggs, (1 egg and 1 yolk for the dough) remaining white for glaze
- Optional:Bitter sweet chocolate for dipping
Whisk together flour,sugar,pecan meal,baking powder, cinnamon,salt.
- Cut in butter, mix till blended & crumbly. Blend in the egg, egg yolk, & water.
- Stir in the chips til just blended...On a floured surface divide dough into 3 portions, roll each into a log about 1 1/2" thick...
Move logs to a sprayed baking sheet spacing them about 2" apart.
- Whisk together the egg white and 2 tsp. water,brush over each log....Bake 350, 30 min...Dough will be light golden brown.
- Cool 6-7 min...Then slice diagonally about 1" slices,..laying each piece on its side.
- Bake 15 min. more. When cookies are cooled; dip in chocolate if desired.
Mystery Pecan Pie
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Prepare a 9-inch pie crust.
Heat oven to 375 F. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg; beat at low speed until smooth and well blended. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add 1/4 c. sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp. vanilla; blend well.
Spread cream cheese mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Gently pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
- Bake at 375 F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
If necessary, cover edge of pie crust with foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled. Store in refrigerator.