- I used to be so lonely, no friends around to see, Unil my daughter bought me,a box called, WebTV..!!
- So scared at first to use it, but thought i'd take a look, one page led to another, like opening a book;
- I looked at sites in Denmark, Australia, and U.K. The Netherlands, and Sweden, Guam and USA;
- So awe inspired was I, of folks who made those pages, I told myself, "For heavens sake, it must have taken ages";
- to learn the codes and scripts and such, to make those great web sites, To build one for myself, I thought, would be such pure delight;
- Oh no, don't even go there, my inner voice did say; You can't build a page like theirs,
no,no, there is no way..!!
- Then I found a newsgroup, much wisdom they did know, Of how to make a web page, my face was all aglow...
- Could this old lady maybe, possibly learn that stuff? I studied hard to do it, and at times got in a huff !!;
- They taught me all the codes and scripts, I'd need to do my site, HTML and tables, although I'm not so bright,
- I finally completed them, my pages all were done, Such joy I felt, to have built, those pages one-by-one;
- Then someone signed my guestbook, will wonders never cease; I read the words so carefully, from someone named Denise;
- Then more and more they visited, this humble site of mine, I found that I was not alone, a lovely thought, divine!
- One day I got an e-mail, the words I could not believe, It said "congratulations", an AWARD, you will receive?; !!
- Well, you could've knocked em over,
an award that's just for me? I now have many, many more,
Betcha even more than three.(LOL)
- Many guests have found a place, down deep in my heart, Some will stay forever, and never will we part;
- So who do I give thanks to, for bringing friends to me, My daughter whom I dearly love? Or this ole WEBTV..???.!!!
- ~~Written 1/24/01, copyright 1/24/01